Friday, May 10, 2013

HAPPY


I don't know about you, but the sky is pretty grey over here. So i thought some pink flowers and a bluer than blue photo would do everyone some good. Especially me.
I did this layout as part of the NSD festivities. The challenge was to get inspired by a Garden Girl. And i chose the sweet and talented Wilna.  I picked a background, a piece of pretty paper i loved and a LOT of embellishment, which i assembled on a line. Not really my usual style but super fun to put together! I added some stitching a few days later because i felt like something was missing. And i think this extra blue is cute.

What do you think? Did you also tackle this challenge? What Garden Girl did you pick?

7 comments:

  1. OOh I really like the stacked embellishments. That patterned paper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at emulating Wilna! I too love how she can combine all the pretties on her pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love the floral paper and the cool embellishment border. When I lived in Nashville and our skies were grey (which was OFTEN) I scrapbooked my Florida beach photos. You have to do whatever you can to lift the grey. It worked for me! Hope you have better weather in store for the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is really wonderful! The stitching is really inspiring, I have to try sewing with contrasting color really soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this layout is fabulous! And you are right...the blue stitching is just the right accent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love the emellishments running down one side :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout! Your embellishment work is great!

    ReplyDelete