This Summer, i am taking Ali Edwards' class Hello Story. I love scrapbooking, Project Lifing, and basically just playing with photos. But actually telling the story is something i kind of struggle with some times. Also, i'm a huge Ali's fan. Only two reasons i needed. So far, so awesome. I love the class, though i am super behind. I only did projects for week 1 & 2, and today i am sharing the first one.
Without telling too much, Week 1 is about Timelines, which i think are awesome, even more once you realize that they don't necessarily need to be about time. The layout i chose to work on will go straight in my Canada album, probably among the first one because it works great as an introduction.
Here are 5 facts about the layout:
- circle design are super cool. because they are very graphic and at the same time don't feel too "grid-like". if that makes sense.
- I first made the layout on photoshop so i could see which type of photos would look good at that format and so i could print them at the exact good size. an almost completely digital version would have looked awesome i think, but my printer doesn't print 12x12 so that was that.
- i do realize that winter isn't really a place like Toronto or Ottawa, but honestly it did felt like a pretty real place by minus 15° celsius on some days.
- i really wanted to use that "never forget" stamp (it's awesome right?), but then the whole layout felt unbalanced, so i added some more stamps from my Dear Lizzy phrase stamp
- i need a LOT more of these woodgrain mini letter stickers by Basic Grey